- Be a former student of LSU, faculty member, administrator, or an affiliate organization of LSU
- Have been associated with LSU for 20 or more years
- Be able to accept the award in person and participate in the awards ceremony
Exclusions From Eligibility: Current A.P. Tureaud, Sr. Board Directors or Officers, Chapter Leaders, or others in key association positions are not eligible for consideration during their active term
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The ideal candidate must:
- Have achieved significant recognition or accomplishment in their chosen field at the local, national, and /or international levels
- Have provided service and/or support the A.P Tureaud, Sr., LSU Black Alumni Chapter
- Have demonstrated character and integrity in the engagement of African-American students, faculty/staff, alumni, and community-at-large
Nominations may be made by anyone.
In addition to completing and submitting this Legends Award Nomination Form, nominators are encouraged to provide supporting items that further distinguish the nominee. Such items include, but are not limited to a current bio, resume or curriculum vitae, personal stories, photographs, news articles, etc.
Only one nomination per individual will be considered.
Qualified nominations forms will be held for each individual for a period of two years. Rollover nominations must be modified to fit within the current guidelines/award criteria in that given year.
Nominations are due no later than August 22nd, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST.